Electrica SA is part of the Electrica Group, a key player within the electricity distribution and supply market of Romania, as well as one of the most important players in the energy services sector. Electrica Group provides services for more than 3.8 million customers. It includes one electricity distribution company – Distributie Energie Electrică Romania SA (DEER) – within three geographical zones (Transilvania Nord, Transilvania Sud, Muntenia Nord), national coverage for the electricity & gas supply – Electrica Furnizare SA – and energy related services – Electrica SERV SA.
Role in the project
Electrica assumes a key role in the pilot testing activities, with a paramount importance to demonstrate the project’s concept validity. It has strong contribution to both the design of the pilots WP2 (ELECTRON Architecture, Demonstration Scenarios and Security & Privacy Requirements) and their implementation on WP9 (Large-scale Demonstration & Pilot Implementation).
Electrica is also involved in:
- WP1 Project Management and Coordination
- WP3 Collaborative Risk and Certification Framework for Energy Systems
- WP4 Next Generation EPES Cyber-defence & Protection
- WP6 AR/VR-aided Cybersecurity Training & Certification in EPES
- WP7 Energy Ecosystem Polices & Recommendations
- WP8 ELECTRON Integration & Testing
- WP10 Dissemination, Exploitation & Clustering Activities